Fundraising & Development Intern, LaunchSpace Inc.
LaunchSpace is a non-profit, member-based community workshop in the Orange Innovation Center, providing tools, equipment, education, and support to people who want to make, repair and create, but don’t have space, money, or time to build a shop of their own. It offers an environment to share creative energy, a classroom for personal learning for all ages, and workforce training for re-entry into the job market.
INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION: We are looking for a Fundraising and Development Intern for the following projects:
- Work with the CEO and grant researcher to review the grant calendar
- Use grant calendar to identify grant/foundation opportunities on a timely basis
- Work with the CEO to create projects for funding opportunities
- Assist with grant writing and sourcing grant writers
- Assist to create individual donor cultivation plans
- Draft narratives and case studies for grant applications
- Craft donor solicitation materials
- Generate commonly used development documents, i.e. development calendars, print materials, and other supplementary materials for campaigns
- Learn how to conduct donor research through a grant database
You might be a great fit for this if you have:
- Strong writing skills.
- General understanding of fundraising and development.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in Google Drive and Zoom.
- Enthusiasm for the organization's mission.
We have a team of dedicated volunteers and board members for support. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in arts, culture, community development, and making an impact on rural areas. You will be a valued member of our team and you’ll enjoy being a part of this vibrant community space!
PERIOD OF INTERNSHIP: Flexible
PAY TYPE: Unpaid, with potential for academic credit and/or recommendation letter
POSITION STATUS: Part-Time (about 5 hours/week), flexible
LOCATION: LaunchSpace, 131 W Main St, Orange, MA (with the option to complete hours remotely)
REQUIRED STUDIES: PR, creative writing, nonprofit management, business, or similar relevant field
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume & brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org