EventsBack to calendar
Amherst Area Employers Internship Fair
UMass Amherst Career Services and Professional Development and the Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce present the Amherst Area Employers Internship Fair. This fair will be held in person at the Bernie Dallas room in Goodell Hall on Thursday, September 8, from 12 pm to 2 pm.
Local businesses across many industries are hiring part-time Interns at the Amherst Area Internship Fair. Come line up your local work experience for the semester or school year and build your resume with relevant, hand-on experience, while taking classes.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Research the organizations coming
- Polish up your resume - many career centers offer virtual appointments even over summer break (schedule now in Handshake)
- Prepare your 30 second introduction of self - your "pitch"
Internship Providers may register for the Fair by filling out the form on this page. Be sure to indicate which fair you intend to attend. Parking passes will be provided for the Campus Parking Garage. Directions and logistics will follow as we get closer to the date of the fair.
Here is what you can work on right now:
- The best way you can help us get the word out to the students you want to meet is by ensuring your Amherst Area Internship Fair Handshake registration “Looking For” section is filled out as thoroughly as possible.
- The students like to research and will spend time looking at who is coming to the fair to see what roles you are recruiting for, and if there is a match, they will likely attend the fair. The best way you can help yourself is to make sure ALL your open internships, and jobs if you have them too, are posted in Handshake as soon as possible.
Questions may be directed to Tiffany Appleton, Associate Director Employer Relations, at email@example.com.