Empowerment Through The Arts - Marketing the Arts Internship
Empowerment Through The Arts - ETTA - is a newly formed nonprofit, although 20 years of local work in the teaching of theater and the arts to youth and adults of all abilities. Our goal is to have truly inclusive programs, engaging with local arts and educational organizations in our area.
ETTA is a creative partnership of individuals, human service agencies, artists, therapists, and arts organizations dedicated to creating inclusive programming and ARTS opportunities for the enrichment and empowerment of individuals labeled as “developmentally disabled”. ETTA International is dedicated to offering training in the arts to ALL abilities. Inclusion in the Arts and Culture increases the benefit for the entire community.
** We have two projects currently that will need some creative support: Both Immersive Theater projects- on Climate Change: "Home Sweet Home- a Climate Change Musical and Obstacle Course for the Entire Family" (Amherst); on Social Justice for labeled persons: "A Hero's Journey - from Institutionalization to Brilliance" (Belchertown).
We seek community partners and multi-year funding sources as well as donations for the operation of this unique new non-profit. We believe in taking bold steps in creating unquestioned access to inclusive arts programming for this diverse group of individuals: diverse in terms of ethnicity, culture, and ability; artists, performers, comedians, and individuals.
Our Mission Statement:
- Promote access to the arts for youth and adults of all abilities.
- Support full community inclusion through the expansion of this access for all.
- Create leadership opportunities and collaborative opportunities with arts and civic organizations, respecting all voices.
- Support the human right of each individual to be fully integrated into their community through the medium of the arts.
- By respecting all voices we strive, through artistic expression, to raise awareness in the community at all levels: civic, national and international.
The arts marketing and communication intern may focus on the following areas: content creation and writing, using promotional tools, market research, and assisting in marketing analysis. Interns will work directly with staff and/or appointed members from the organization/business on general internship onboarding, creating a schedule, establishing weekly check-ins, and scheduling timely feedback meetings.
Work may include the following:
- Help with the website development and an expanded social media presence;
- Assist in content creation including, email, blog, social media, and video creation;
- Help with the development of an online monthly newsletter with visuals and live links to other program partners;
- Learn how to use and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing tactics using marketing analytics;
- Assist in the research of target audiences;
- Research promotional tools to reach audiences;
- Help to maintain a social media presence;
- Other duties as necessary.
As needed Nonprofit Arts Management skill-building for our Board of Directors- *Ideal for a student who is seeking the nonprofit arts management degree or hybrid of other arts degree programs.
- Understanding of social media platforms – especially Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in Office and Google Drive;
- Enthusiasm for the organization’s mission;
- Other skills as needed per position.
- Completion of AES Arts Marketing course;
- Some experience with digital design and editing platforms such as Canva, Adobe Spark, iMovie, and/or other photo/video editing programs is helpful.
Period of Internship/Employment: Multiple Semesters/Seasons
Pay Type: Stipend
Stipend or Pay Amount: $250-$400 - depending on funding and experience
Number of total hours of position per week: 8-10 hours
Spring Position Start Date: Feb 15, 2021
Required Degree/Major: Open to all majors
Application Requirements: Interview required. Send resume and cover letter to Celinda Ezzell Floraniña at email@example.com.