Empowerment Through The Arts - Arts Fundraising and Development Internship
Empowerment Through The Arts - ETTA - is a newly formed nonprofit, although 20 years of local work in the teaching of theater and the arts to youth and adults of all abilities. Our goal is to have truly inclusive programs, engaging with local arts and educational organizations in our area.
ETTA is a creative partnership of individuals, human service agencies, artists, therapists, and arts organizations dedicated to creating inclusive programming and ARTS opportunities for the enrichment and empowerment of individuals labeled as “developmentally disabled”. ETTA International is dedicated to offering training in the arts to ALL abilities. Inclusion in the Arts and Culture increases the benefit for the entire community.
** We have two projects currently that will need some creative support: Both Immersive Theater projects- on Climate Change: "Home Sweet Home- a Climate Change Musical and Obstacle Course for the Entire Family" (Amherst); on Social Justice for labeled persons: "A Hero's Journey - from Institutionalization to Brilliance" (Belchertown).
We seek community partners and multi-year funding sources as well as donations for the operation of this unique new non-profit. We believe in taking bold steps in creating unquestioned access to inclusive arts programming for this diverse group of individuals: diverse in terms of ethnicity, culture, and ability; artists, performers, comedians, and individuals.
Our Mission Statement:
- Promote access to the arts for youth and adults of all abilities;
- Support full community inclusion through the expansion of this access for all;
- Create leadership opportunities and collaborative opportunities with arts and civic organizations, respecting all voices;
- Support the human right of each individual to be fully integrated into their community through the medium of the arts;
- By respecting all voices we strive, through artistic expression, to raise awareness in the community at all levels: civic, national and international.
The fundraising and development intern will focus on the following areas: grant research, donor research, and fundraising events. Interns will work directly with staff and/or appointed members from the organization/business on general internship onboarding, creating a schedule, establishing weekly check-ins, and scheduling timely feedback meetings.
Work may include the following:
- Assist with fundraising efforts and campaigns for the operating budget and for specific project support;
- Help with grant research and creation of a timeline for viable grant opportunities ;
- Draft narratives and case studies for grant applications;
- Learn how to conduct donor research;
- Help in the launch of a donor database by organizing potential donors;
- Assist in outreach to local businesses and search of corporate and community giving opportunities and help to create individual donor cultivation plans;
- Craft donor solicitation materials;
- Generate commonly used development documents, i.e. development calendars, print materials, and other supplementary materials for campaigns;
- Assist in planning development events;
- Research and assist in developing online fundraising campaigns;
- Other skills as required per position.
As needed Nonprofit Arts Management skill-building for our Board of Directors- *Ideal for a student who is seeking the nonprofit arts management degree or hybrid of other arts degree programs.
- Strong writing skills. General understanding of fundraising and development;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in Office and Google Drive;
- An enthusiasm for the organization's mission;
- Other skills as needed per position.
- Completion of AES Arts Fundraising course;
- Prior experience with a crowdfunding campaign.