The Drama Studio - Social Media Internship
The Drama Studio is a youth theatre conservatory in Springfield MA, serving ages 6 - 18. We offer training in theatre to youth in the greater Springfield area, with a full range of conservatory classes and production season. We also produce original student work. We have a significant scholarship fund, and believe that every child should have the opportunity to train, and become all that they can be.
We are looking for a social media intern to help us over the summer. The biggest hurdle we face is the general population's assumption that theatre simply means "putting on a play" as opposed to our conservatory model, where kids from all perspectives gain serious theatre training, find community, grow to their potential, and experience all the greater benefits that theatre training can bring. In addition to putting on plays!
Duties may include:
- Assist in content creation including, email, blog, social media, and video creation;
- Assist in the research of target audiences;
- Research promotional tools to reach audiences;
- Help to maintain a social media presence;
- Other duties as necessary.
- Strong writing skills.
- Understanding of social media platforms – especially Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in Office and Google Drive;
- Enthusiasm for the organization’s mission;
- Other skills as needed per position.
- Completion of AES Arts Marketing course;
- Some experience with digital design and editing platforms such as Canva, Adobe Spark, iMovie, and/or other photo/video editing programs is helpful.
Period of Internship/Employment: Summer
Pay Type: Unpaid
Opportunity Type: Internship
Number of total hours of position per week: 5 - 20
Application Due Date: Rolling
Position Starts: May 25, 2021
Required Degree/Major: All majors
Application Requirements: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.