Arts Marketing Internship, CitySpace
Easthampton’s iconic Old Town Hall, managed by CitySpace and owned by the City of Easthampton, is a historic building (1869) located in the heart of Easthampton. CitySpace restores, preserves, and manages Old Town Hall as a center for the arts for the City of Easthampton and Western Massachusetts.
Are you interested in building your skills and resume in the area of marketing, design, and writing? The Arts Marketing Intern will develop social media and digital campaigns in conjunction with virtual events and the organization's intitiaves. Learn how to tell the story of this organization through digital and content marketing. The selected intern will work directly with the President of the organization who has an extensive background in the field of marketing the arts, design and nonprofit management.
During this internship you will learn how to develop digital marketing strategies aligned with virtual events, fundraising, and general organization initiatives.
Primary skills learned and duties:
- Assist in running and evaluating multiple social media, email, and ad campaigns;
- Learn how to create digital assets inlcuding to but not limited to visual assets for social media, short videos, and event imagery;
- Develop understanding on how a small arts organization builds and maintains relationships with current and potential constituents;
- Walk away from this internship with a marketing portfolio and understanding of a marketing timeline, brand management, and the marketing funnel.
- Create and post images, and stories appropriate to different social media platforms;
- Help to tell the story of the organization through digital asset creation and short-form writing for digital platforms and print.
- Strong written communication skills;
- Must be reliable, responsible, and detail-oriented;
- Attendance at least one board meetings during internship; (virtually);
- Familiarity with image correction software such as Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, Rush, imovie or other similar software such as Canva or Spark, and social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram a plus.
PERIOD OF INTERNSHIP/EMPLOYMENT: Spring and/or Summer
PAY TYPE: Unpaid
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Internship
JOB STATUS: Part-time - 6 hours per week
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Rolling
REQUIRED DEGREE: Open to all majors
CONTACT: Burns Maxey, firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume & cover letter to email@example.com