Arts Marketing and Communication Internship - Springfield Museums
The Springfield Museums is located in the heart of Springfield and is comprised of five museums representing art, history, science and Seuss. With a robust out-of-school education program, changing exhibits, and inspiring collections, there is a lot to share at the Museums.
The arts marketing and communication intern may focus on the following areas: content creation and writing, using promotional tools, market research, and assisting in marketing analysis. Interns will work directly with staff and/or appointed members from the organization/business on general internship onboarding, creating a schedule, establishing weekly check-ins, and scheduling timely feedback meetings.
Duties may include:
- Assist in content creation including, email, blog, social media, and video creation;
- Learn how to use and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing tactics using marketing analytics;
- Assist in the research of target audiences;
- Research promotional tools to reach audiences;
- Help to maintain a social media presence;
- Other duties as necessary.
- Strong writing skills;
- Understanding of social media platforms – especially Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in Office and Google Drive;
- Enthusiasm for the organization’s mission;
- Other skills as needed per position.
- Completion of AES Arts Marketing course;
- Some experience with digital design and editing platforms such as Canva, Adobe Spark, iMovie, and/or other photo/video editing programs is helpful.
PAY TYPE: Unpaid
JOB STATUS: Part-time, 8 hours
APPLICATION DUE DATE: Rolling
INTERNSHIP AVAILABILITY: Fall, Spring, Summer
REQUIRED DEGREE: Art, Communication
CONTACT: Karen Fisk
HOW TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Springfield Museums
Located in the heart of downtown Springfield, Massachusetts, the Springfield Museums is a multi-disciplinary campus with five museums that focus on art, history, science, and Dr. Seuss. The Museums are also home to the Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden.