Campus Trademark Usage

University Registered Student Organizations (RSOs), Schools, Departments, or other campus organizations must obtain approval directly from the Trademark and Licensing Administration Director to use University trademarked names, marks, logos, seals, and/or symbols on any commercial venture or distributed goods. These goods include but are not limited to:

  • T-Shirts, hats and other forms of apparel.
  • Promotional items, giveaways, giftware, etc.

Written request  for royalty exemptions will be reviewed and assessed by the Trademark and Licensing Administration.

Students and campus organizations that wish to use University identifying marks on their internal-use merchandise must hire licensed vendors that have obtained prior permission to use University marks by securing trademark licenses and meet the Fair Labor Association (FLA) & Workers Rights Consortium (WRC) regulations. Approved Licensees and manufacturers must provide proof of liability insurance  as well as abide by the Code of Conduct set forth in their License Agreement.