This item covers: Significance, Innovation, and Approach/Timeline, with key points as follows:
- The project has the potential to lead to significant contributions to the field or discipline.
- The proposed research represents a bold new idea or the application of prior research to a field that has no precedent for it.
- The conceptual or theoretical frameworks and methods are appropriate to the goals of the project and reflective of intellectual rigor.
- This project includes a reasonable timeline for completion.
This item covers: Investigator(s) and Feasibility/Resources, with key points as follows:
- The investigator has an ambitious research vision.
- The investigator is well-suited to the proposed project, with appropriate experience and training.
- Unique features of the research environment will contribute to the probability of success.
This item addresses the Impact/Outcomes review criterion, with key points as follows.
- If successful, the project will strategically expand the applicant’s research program and position the proposed line of research for large, extramural grants or key industrial partnerships.
- The outcomes of the project have a significant likelihood of leading to major scientific impact.
Funding Purposes and Priorities:
Describe the overall relative strengths and weaknesses of the proposal considering the following:
- Allow faculty members to pursue interdisciplinary research
- Demonstrate inclusive, equitable, and collaborative research components
- Foster equitable collaborations
- Junior faculty and faculty who are women or members of minorities underrepresented in STEM
What is your overall recommendation?
- Definitely Fund (1)
- Conditionally Fund (2)
- Do Not Fund (3)