The University of Massachusetts Amherst
University of Massachusetts Amherst

Search Google Appliance


What if I already have F-1 visa status?

If you currently hold a valid F-1 visa, you do not need to apply for a new visa. However, you will need to have an updated I-20 form issued by UMass Amherst. Please contact the UMass International Programs Office (IPO) at to learn what is required for your SEVIS record transfer to UMass Amherst. The university has been working on several plans to accommodate international students who are currently in the U.S. Please consult this page at the International Programs Office (IPO).