Before I graduate in May, I decided I would make a bucket list of all the things I should have done since I have been here, but haven’t gotten around to yet. Having it all down for others to read will inspire me to check off items on this list.
1. Be more adventurous. I tend to overthink situations and then end up missing out on great opportunities. Before I leave, I want to hike one of the mountains around here, go to Puffer’s Pond, and sign up for a workout class. I have always wanted to try goat yoga.
2. Rent a book from W.E.B. Du Bois and read it for fun. I want to start reading during my free time instead of continuously scrolling through my phone. Any book suggestions?
3. When the weather starts to get nicer, I want to walk to class. Last semester I always took the bus, but it gets so crowded. A nice walk in the morning to get the blood flowing is a great start to any day.
4. Drink more water. I feel like everyone always tells themselves they need to drink more water, but I really do. Lately, I have hardly been drinking a bottles-worth a day. I'll start my day off with some H20 instead of coffee!
5. Take these next few months to really plan for my future. I don’t know exactly what I will be doing when I graduate, and sometimes that intimidates me. I’d be lying if I said it didn’t. I know others feel the same, and that’s why I talk about it. Do I have it all figured out? No. Will I push myself out of my comfort zone and continue to grow as a person? Yes.
I can’t believe my time here has almost come and gone. I’m thankful for the memories UMass has given me. Here, I’ve experienced the Patriots in three Super Bowls, met some of my best friends, had some of the hardest laughs of my life, and taken classes that pushed me to be better. I’m even thankful for awkwardly walking into the wrong classroom on many occasions. It builds character. I want this bucket list to aid me in continuing making memories at this home away from home I call UMass.