If you haven't noticed by now, the Campus Recreation Center (Rec) is probably my favorite place on campus. Besides being a playground for a gym-lover like me, it also has Courtside Café, which is located in the lobby of the campus-side entrance.
Courtside has chilled drinks, healthy snacks, and my personal favorite: build-your-own protein smoothies. Basically, you can pick from hand-crafted original smoothies and add your own base (coconut, greek yogurt, or juice) as well as high-quality whey or vegan protein. My personal favorites include the Green Monster and Summer Blush with coconut base and vegan vanilla protein. Here’s a list of the other smoothie options:
1. Triple Berry Banana – Raspberry, Blackberry, Strawberry, Blueberry, and Banana
2. Mango Tango – Mango, Pineapple, Banana, and Fresh Ginger
3. Passionate Pineapple – Blood Orange, Passion Fruit, Pineapple, and Fresh Ginger
4. Summer Blush – Peach and Raspberry
5. Green Monster – Kale, Spinach, Cucumber, Peach, and Banana
6. Chocolate Peanutty Banana – Banana, Cocoa, and Peanut Butter Powder
7. V-9 – Avocado, Spinach, Kale, Pineapple, Cilantro, Cayenne, Carrot Juice
8. Carrot Cake – Pineapple, Coconut, Spice Blend (Ginger, Cinnamon, Nutmeg), and Carrot Juice
9. Avocado Green Tea – Avocado, Green Tea Matcha, Raw Honey,
10. Matcha Strawberry Madness – Strawberry, Green Tea Matcha,
11. Craft-your-own (includes 3 ingredients, protein and base)
Milkshakes are also on the menu and are made with local ice cream and milk!
While you wait for your order, there are tables set up for you to do some work. Personally, the sound of the punching bags gets me hyped and makes me more productive than normal. Courtside is open from 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. on weekdays and from 1 p.m. - 8 p.m. on weekends and accepts cash, credit, and student dining plan currencies (UCard debit, dining dollars, and YCMP).