A complete application includes the following material:
- A complete Common Application (including the UMass questions)
- Official high school transcript (grades 9 -11)
- Official transcripts for all completed coursework. Photocopies, student copies, or emailed electronic college transcripts are not acceptable.
- Official transcripts for all completed college coursework. Photocopies, student copies, or emailed electronic college transcripts are not acceptable.
- Letter of recommendation
Application fee of $85
- (Optional) SAT I and/or ACT scores. Standardized tests are optional for first-year applicants, please refer to our test-optional policy page for more information. For students who choose to send scores, UMass Amherst neither requires nor recommends the optional SAT essay. All scores must be sent electronically and directly from the testing agency. We do process “rush” test score reports as long as they are electronically sent. The UMass Amherst SAT code is 3917 and the ACT code is 1924. Test scores are not required for students who have been out of high school for three or more years.
First term grades. For Early Action applicants your application is complete and often read before we receive your senior first term grades. However, we encourage ALL applicants to send your senior first term grades once you have received them. The transcript must come from your high school. Our preference is that they are sent through the Common Application but the transcript can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If it needs to be mailed the address is:
UMass Amherst Undergraduate Admissions Office
37 Mather Drive
Amherst, MA 01003