Warring States Project
We are now and then asked for our opinion on some recent or standard book in the Sinological field (or out of it), or have encountered a book that we think deserves wider attention. We have usually replied to these inquiries, or made those recommendations, by personal or group E-mail. But if there are larger issues involved, and since the Project's journal does not include reviews, something more seems indicated. We include those comments in this section. We have grouped them by the point of particular interest to us.
We wish it to be understood that we have felt free to consider only points of particular interest in a book, without incurring responsibility for an evaluation of the book as a whole.
- On History: Chinese and Other
- The Classical Chinese Philosophers
- Vandermeersch. La Formation du Légisme (EFEO 1965)
- On the Need for an Adult Populace
- Confucianism as a Religion
- Freedman and McClymond (ed). The Rivers of Paradise (Eerdmans 2001)
- Primitive and Later Christianity
23 Sept 2008 / Contact The Project / Exit to Home Page