Warring States Project
Some of these pages contain what we think are useful interim findings: wordcounts, indexes, and information about the languages of the period. These tools are not yet available in print, and as displayed here are copyright by their authors. To cite them in proper form; see the Citation Conventions page in our Reference section.
Other pages gradually build up the Project's view of the period: dates of individual texts or events, interrelations between two or more texts, fixing them relatively within the larger chronology, developmental sequences implied by the system of dates, and tending to confirm the plausibility of that system.
Text, Polity, and Language
- The Warring States
Chronology and History
- Dating Controversies
- Dzou Yen
- Intertextual Dialogues: Skirmishes in the War of Ideas
- Analects and Gwandz on the People
- Mwodz and Analects on the Three-Year Mourning
- Analects and Jwangdz on Public Duty
- The Warring States: A Working Conclusion
8 Oct 2009 / Contact The Project / Exit to Home Page