Warring States Publications
We are now and then asked for our opinion on some recent or standard book in the Sinological field (or out of it), or have encountered a book that we think deserves wider attention. We have usually replied to these inquiries, or made those recommendations, by personal or group E-mail. After all, some of the authors in question are acquaintances, or even friends. But if there are larger issues involved, something more may be necessary, and the Project's journals do not include reviews. Hence this section. Comments are grouped by their point of present interest.
We wish it to be understood that we have felt free to consider only cartain aspects of a book, without necessarily incurring responsibility for an evaluation of the book as a whole.
- On History: Chinese and Other
- The Classical Chinese Philosophers
- Vandermeersch. La Formation du Légisme (EFEO 1965)
- On the Need for an Adult Populace
- Confucianism as a Religion
- Freedman and McClymond (ed). The Rivers of Paradise (Eerdmans 2001)
- Primitive and Later Christianity
23 Sept 2008 / Contact The Project / Exit to Home Page