The big news of the Project is its daily progress in clarifying the nature, mutual relations, and dates of the Warring States and other early texts. Such gradual progress is not the kind of event one can plan to attend. Its many little moments of intellectual breakthrough are also not exactly what one puts in the newspaper. They are not listed on this page either.
General news items this year:
- The Project's journal, Warring States Papers, appeared in May 2012 (Next volume expected in summer 2013)
- Chekiang University Warring States Bamboo Texts are Fraudulent
- A Wang Syi-jr calligraphy fragment, part of a previously known letter, has been identified in Japan.
Project Presentations and other events of interest, including those relevant to Alpha Christianity, will be made at, or in connection with, or have been offered to, the following conferences and other meetings in 2013:
- University of Oregon (14 March, Eugene Oregon)
- "The Lowdown on Lau Dan" (E Bruce Brooks)
- American Oriental Society (15-18 March, Portland Oregon)
- Lau Dan and Chinese Meditation (E Bruce Brooks)
- Eastern Great Lakes Biblical Society (4-5 April, Erie Pennsylvania).
- The Curse of the Law in Galatians 3:10-14 (Timothy Dwyer)
- Romans 1:18-2:29: A Stylometric Reconsideration (Keith L Yoder)
- Theological Tendencies of the Pauline Interpolations (E Bruce Brooks)
- 2 Thessalonians in Post-Pauline Context (Glenn L Holland)
- New England Biblical Society (3 May, Newton Massachusetts).
- Topos Development in Mark (E Bruce Brooks)
- Northeast Conference on Chinese Thought (8-9 November, Wesleyan University; organization in progress)
- Mencius 2A2 and the Mencian Theory of Mind (A Taeko Brooks)
- The Organization of the Mician A Canons (E Bruce Brooks)
- Society of Biblical Literature (23-26 November, Baltimore Maryland).
Forthcoming Books or Articles
- Jefford and Draper (ed): Papers from the SBL Didache Section
- Before and After Matthew (E Bruce Brooks)
For information on an event, or to arrange an event, inquire by E-mail or write to:
Warring States Project
201C Goodell Hall, 140 Hicks Way
University of Massachusetts
Amherst MA 01003-9272