Uploading Your Paper
The Files area of the WSW and other E-mail list archives is a place to post documents where they may at any time be displayed and printed out by those interested. Such posting is less evanescent than the messages proper, but more private than an open Internet posting. We recommend this device for the routine distribution of papers at our virtual Conferences, or for material which would be too bulky to send around as an attachment..
It's easy, but if you experience problems, let us know. The following instructions are for first-time uploaders, and thus are very detailed, but there is really nothing to the process.
Uploadable files will have one of the following extensions:
- .doc (for files to be read in Microsoft Word)
- .wpd (for WordPerfect)
- .pdf (for Adobe Acrobat)
- .rtf (Rich Text Format, into which you may be able to save text written with various processors).
If yours doesn't, convert it as necessary. Note its address in your computer.
The actual procedure (described in WSW terms) is:
- (1) Go to the WSW archive site
- (2) Click on Files on the left edge of the home page. Your Yahoo ID may be asked for
- (3) Click on the proper folder if one exists (the usual place is the folder with the current year on it). If there is no appropriate folder, proceed directly.
- (4) At the top of the screen, click on "Add File"
- (5) Click "Browse," find the desired file in your computer, and click on that file name to select it
- (6) Add a brief, but clear, description of the file in the space provided.
- (7) Under "Notification," check the box "Send a message to the group announcing this file."
- (8) Click on the Upload File button. Some minutes may be required for bulky files
If you don't receive your copy of the Notification, write to WSW yourself, announcing the availability of the new file.
We appreciate your use of this facility in sharing your work at a Conference, or for open discussion generally. Each addition makes the resource that much more valuable for all.
26 March 2004 / Contact The Project / Exit to E-Mail Page