SBL Regional and National Meetings 2013
As a courtesy to those attending, or sharing at a distance, the regional and national SBL meetings, we here list some presentations of Alpha Christianity interest, complete with abstracts, full texts, and handouts where available. Our thanks to the session managers and the individual presenters for supplying this information.
We invite everyone, at these and other meetings, to maximizf the value of face time, and extend the range of comment generally, by taking advantage of opportunities of the kind here offered to prepare for the live session, and to make helpful comments to the presenters, whether before or after the live session, and whether or not the person making the comment can even attend the live session. Only in this way, it seems to us, can ongoing research fully benefit from the technical advances recently made available for communication between scholars. Comments made to the presenters listed below (click on the name for a mail link) may also be repeated to the Alpha Christianity list, which then becomes a discussion forum in absentia for the meeting in question. This too is a mode of scholarly interaction that was not available some decades ago.
SBL Regional Meetings
- Eastern Great Lakes Biblical Society (4-5 April, Erie Pennsylvania).
- New Testament 1 (Thursday)
- Luke's Characterization of Anna in 2:36-38 (Katrina Stokum)
- New Testament 2
- Food Fetishes and Boundary Formation in 1 Cor 8-10 (Randall C Webber): paper
- The Antioch Incident and a Textual Variant in Galatians 2:12 (David I Yoon)
- Alpha Christianity (Paul and After)
- The Curse of the Law in Galatians 3:10-14 (Timothy Dwyer)
- Romans 1:18-2:29: A Stylometric Reconsideration (Keith L Yoder): paper
- Theological Tendencies of the Pauline Interpolations (E Bruce Brooks) handout
- 2 Thessalonians in Post-Pauline Context (Glenn L Holland)
- New Testament 3 (Friday)
- New England Biblical Society (3 May, Newton Massachusetts).
SBL National Meeting
- Society of Biblical Literature (23-26 November, Baltimore Maryland). Abstracts submitted to various sections in early 2013:
Forthcoming Books or Articles
- Jefford and Draper (ed): Papers from the SBL Didache Section
For further information, or to present a correction or suggest an addition, please contact the Warring States Project, which hosts this page in the common interest. The arrow below will take viewers to the Project's Alpha Christianity main page, where the term "Alpha Christianity," which may be new to some, is briefly defined.