- Completed application signed by student and faculty sponsor submitted to Bartlett 208.
- 18 credits in Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies including these required courses: WOMENSST 201, and a course on Women of Color (200 level or above). The elective credits can be earned in any one of the following ways:
- Courses offered through Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies at the University.
- Courses offered in other departments or at the other colleges listed as Departmental Courses in the Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies Course Offerings guide.
- Courses listed as Component Courses in the guide count towards the minor if at least 1/3-1/2 of the work for the course is on women or gender. If the paper topics offered are not adaptable to a focus on these issues, the student is encouraged to meet with the faculty member to devise a related paper topic. In the case of a component course, the student is responsible for documenting that the work done for the course is sufficient to grant Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies credit.
- Independent Work: Independent study, field work, and practicum credits related to women’s or gender issues may count towards the Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies minor. A limit of 6 credits of independent study or field work may count towards the minor.
- A cumulative average of 2.0 in Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies courses.
- We strongly suggest that there be at least one meeting between student and sponsor each semester. Be certain to talk with an academic advisor to check your minor requirements.
Student Involvement in the Program
The Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies Program is always open to student suggestions. The Executive Committee, the decision-making body of the program, has student representatives on it. Students are always welcome to come into the office and discuss ideas for the program. To find out more ways to give input, contact the office.