Instruments in a Common Band: Voice, Identity, and Respectful Dialogue
Saturday, October 13, 2018, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
University of Massachusetts Amherst, South College
WMWP’s annual fall conference features three rounds of concurrent sessions, plus a luncheon, awards, and a keynote speech by Kelly Norris, author of Too White: A Journey into the Racial Divide.
12 PDPs with extension option. Registration fee: $60 ($30 for full-time undergraduate students)
Enrollment is limited due to space - register today at https://goo.gl/forms/vL34MS0Ouo0v609b2.
8:00-8:30 Coffee and registration
8:30-10:00 A sessions
10:15-11:45 B sessions
12:00-1:15 Lunch and keynote address
1:30-3:00 C sessions
Round A Workshop Choices:
- Workshop A1: Walk a Mile in My Shoes: Experiencing Diversity Through Student Perspectives (Participants must choose A1 and B1)
- Workshop A2: Getting Student Voice to Flourish in Argumentative Writing
- Workshop A3: What Does It Mean to Be American? A Discussion of the Film "American Creed"
- Workshop A4: Taking the Write Steps: Strategies for Integrating Writing into the Reading Classroom
- Workshop A5: Writing Off the Page: Enhancing Literacy Through Arts Integration
Round B Workshop Choices:
- Workshop B1: Walk a Mile in My Shoes: Experiencing Diversity Through Student Perspectives (Participants must choose A1 and B1)
- Workshop B2: Credos: Writing from Strong Belief
- Workshop B3: How Writer's Notebooks Can Help Students Write More Often with Increased Stamina
- Workshop B4: How to Build Student Engagement for Assigned Reading
- Workshop B5: Conversations from the Digital Margins
Round C Workshop Choices:
- Workshop C1: Through the Looking Glass: Critical Lenses to Examine Perspectives in Literature
- Workshop C2: Teachers Who Write
- Workshop C3: Place-Based Exploration: Write Out
- Workshop C4: Summer Leadership Institute Reunion (SLI participants only)
- Workshop C5: C3WP Institute Reunion (C3WP participants only)
Download the complete 2018 program: