What's Available To Support You
There are many campus resources to support you in your role as a supervisor. No one has to go it alone.
When you have questions:
First contact your own manager and/or personnel coordinator in your area. For area-specific help, you can also contact the Administrative Officers of each Vice Chancellery/Executive Area:
- Academic Affairs - Ann Williams, 413-545-2813
- Administration & Finance - Ruth Yanka, 413-545-1581
- Chancellor's Area - Natalie Blais, 413-545-2987
- Development & Alumni Relations - Sharon Kubin, 413-545-5482
- Research & Engagement - Lisa Liebowitz, 413-545-3881
- Student Affairs & Campus Life - Sara Littlecrow-Russell and Eddie Hull, 413-545-2300
- University Relations - Sue Lorow
Please see Support Offices for Supervisors and Managers for full listing.
Overview of the Benefits Office's Services
Provides UMass Amherst faculty and staff with benefits policy interpretation and benefit information.
Labor Relations Information
Management administration/interpretation of Union Contracts. (Faculty and GEO contracts are administered by the Provost's office.)
Workplace Learning & Development
Provides professional growth and development opportunities for employees, supervisors and managers, and organizations including:
The Office of Equal Opportunity & Diversity (EOD)
Responsible for overseeing, monitoring, investigating and implementing all policies related to Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Helps to resolve conflicts; provides a neutral third party and mediates disputes.
This resource details the services listed above and many more - including University Policies and Procedures - to assist you in your supervisory role. Take a few moments to explore or bookmark it for future reference.
Faculty Staff Assistance program (FSAP)
FSAP is an assistance and counseling program for all staff on campus.
- Assists employees in addressing workplace concerns as well as personal and family issues including individual, couples, and family counseling.
- Provides supervisory consults.
- Provides referrals to off-campus services.
- Offers Workplace Violence Risk Assessments
A Message from Tim Scott
My name is Tim Scott. I'm the director of the faculty and staff assistance program at UMass Amherst. FSAP is a free and confidential counseling consultation and referral service for all UMass employees as well as Amherst Pelham school district employees and five college credit union employees.
One of our important services we provide for supervisors is what we call supervisory consultations. and what we do with that is if a supervisor has a concern about an employee, that is related to any type of personal concerns, behavioral changes, then we make ourselves available to consult with a supervisor around those concerns either preferably in person or over the phone. For more information, see FSAP Guidelines for Supervisors.