Criteria for Service on the WFUM Steering Committee
Meeting the following criteria qualifies an individual to serve on the WFUM steering committee:
Giving at the Leadership Circle Level
- For alumnae or friends (including parents/faculty/staff) who graduated over 10 years ago, a gift of $1,000 or more in the current fiscal year to the WFUM Fund.
- For alumnae who graduated in the past 6-10 years, a gift of $500 or more in the current fiscal year to the WFUM Fund.
- For alumnae who graduated in the past 1-5 years, or current students, a gift of $250 or more in the current fiscal year to the WFUM Fund.
Steering Committee Responsibilities:
- Learn first-hand about the challenges and opportunities facing the university and how philanthropy can make an impact.
- Review proposals for funding to WFUM and narrow down the field of proposals. This could include traveling to campus, when feasible, to view presentations by campus representatives who are seeking funding for their areas.
- Engage in strategic planning for the network through emails and 4-6 yearly conference calls.
- Serve on at least one of four subcommittees: application review subcommittee, events subcommittee, marketing/social media subcommittee, and the fundraising subcommittee.
- Recommend other alumnae or friends to further engage with the university, to make a philanthropic commitment to the university, and to serve on the committee.
- Propose ideas for stories and articles in the WFUM newsletter.