Criteria for Service on the WFUM Steering Committee
Meeting the following criteria qualifies an individual to serve on the WFUM steering committee:
Giving at the Leadership Circle Level
- For alumnae or friends (including parents/faculty/staff) who graduated over 10 years ago, a gift of $1,000 or more in the current fiscal year.
- For alumnae who graduated in the past 6-10 years, a gift of $500 or more in the current fiscal year.
- For alumnae who graduated in the past 1-5 years, or current students, a gift of $250 or more in the current fiscal year.
Individuals who wish to be a steering committee member of WFUM must allocate at least half of their gift, or $1,000 (the lesser of the two) to the Women for UMass Amherst gift fund. For example, if a member is giving $1,000, at least half needs to be allocated to the WFUM Fund; however, if another donor gives $10,000/ year, at least $1,000 will be allocated to the Fund.
Steering Committee Responsibilities:
- Learn first-hand about the challenges and opportunities facing the university and how philanthropy can make an impact.
- Review proposals for funding to WFUM and narrow down the field of proposals. This could include traveling to campus, when feasible, to view presentations by campus representatives who are seeking funding for their areas.
- Engage in strategic planning for the network through bi-monthly conference calls.
- Recommend other alumnae or friends to further engage with the university, to make a philanthropic commitment to the university, and to serve on the committee.
- Propose ideas for stories and articles in the WFUM newsletter.