Women become members of the WFUM network by making a gift to any area of campus they choose, following their individual passion. Women may also contribute to a collective fund- the WFUM fund—and have a voice in directing these pooled resources to good causes at UMass Amherst.
Benefits of WFUM Membership
By giving, women enjoy:
- Connections with other dynamic women to make a difference for UMass Amherst
- Collaborations with other women as part of a larger effort
- Celebrations of accomplishments and the power of philanthropy
- Commitment to volunteerism and to making a visible impact
- Communications sharing news and stories from this shared community
The Women for UMass Amherst Fund:
The collective structure of the WFUM Fund provides a means for donors to be truly involved in a meaningful way with opportunities to hear more about needs on campus and evaluate and select projects to fund.
Each year, those who contribute to the WFUM Fund will have the opportunity to vote on which campus project will receive the funds. Projects will be proposed by the campus to forward the mission and goals of the university and will be vetted and narrowed down by the steering committee before being put forth for a vote.