Women become members of the WFUM network by making a gift to any area of campus they choose, following their individual passion. Women may also contribute to a collective fund- the WFUM fund—and have a voice in directing these pooled resources to good causes at UMass Amherst.
Benefits of WFUM Membership
By giving, women enjoy:
- Connections with other dynamic women to make a difference for UMass Amherst
- Collaborations with other women as part of a larger effort
- Celebrations of accomplishments and the power of philanthropy
- Commitment to volunteerism and to making a visible impact
- Communications sharing news and stories from this shared community
The Women for UMass Amherst Fund:
The purpose of the Women for UMass Fund is to promote the advancement of campus programs that provide access, support, and opportunity for UMass Amherst students, with preference to those projects that will positively impact UMass Amherst women.
Each year, contributors to the WFUM Fund have the opportunity to vote on which campus projects receive the funds. Projects are proposed by the campus to forward the mission and goals of the university and will be vetted and narrowed down by the Steering Committee before being put forth for a vote.