Women become members of the WFUM network by making a gift to any area of campus they choose, following their individual passion. Women may also contribute to a collective fund- the WFUM fund—and have a voice in directing these pooled resources to good causes at UMass Amherst.
Benefits of WFUM Membership
By giving, women enjoy:
- Connections with other dynamic women to make a difference for UMass Amherst
- Collaborations with other women as part of a larger effort
- Celebrations of accomplishments and the power of philanthropy
- Commitment to volunteerism and to making a visible impact
- Communications sharing news and stories from this shared community
The Women for UMass Amherst Fund:
Each year, gifts made to the WFUM Fund are pooled together and are awarded to campus programs. Applicants from across campus are encouraged to apply for funding for any project that forwards the mission and goals of UMass Amherst. Preference will be given to projects that further the mission of Women for UMass Amherst that raise awareness of WFUM, and ultimately increase the membership of the network.
Applications are reviewed, vetted, and narrowed down by the Steering Committee before being put forth for a vote by contributors to the WFUM Fund, who then have the opportunity to vote on how the funds are distributed.