Shekhar Regmi is originally from Nepal. Prior to coming to the United States, he worked at the Peace Corps/ Nepal for several years as a training director. When he came back to school to get his Ed.D. 15 years after completing his master’s, he was married with a two-year-old, worked full time and went to school full time. Shekhar teaches the UWW core courses, advises students, and serves as the Chief Academic Advisor.
- B.A., Economics, Tri –Chandra College, Kathmandu, Nepal
- M.A., Economics, Tribuwan University, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Intercultural Course Work at College and Universities, East West Center, Honolulu, Hawaii
- M.A., International Education, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Ed. D., Educational Policy, Research, and Administration, University of Massachusetts Amherst
teaching and research interests
Adult learning, community development and public health.