richard caiander, admissions
Richard Caiander works in the admissions process, and manages course scheduling and enrollment for the University Without Walls. He has a diverse professional background that includes 5 years as a manager at the UMass Amherst Fine Arts Center; 4 years as a Internet services project manager at RCN Corporation; 12 years private practice of acupuncture and Chinese medicine; and 10 years work experience in a Massachusetts Department of Mental Health funded community based mental health emergency services facility as a counselor.
- Blue Poppy Institute, Boulder, CO - Chinese herbal medicine, professional development
- New England School of Acupuncture, Newton, MA - Diplomate, 1989 graduate
- Cabrillo College, Aptos, CA
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
professional licensure and certifications
- Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine, Licensure in Acupuncture & Chinese medicine, 1989
- Montana Board of Medical Examiners, Licensure in Acupuncture, 1992
- Certified CompTIA Computer Technician, 1999
Complimentary medicine and public health research
draws inspiration from
"So do I, and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- Gandalf, Lord of the Rings