We look forward to receiving your application. Contact us if you need any help. We are happy to answer your questions and walk you through the process.
- Download the application and instructions.
- Mail your complete application materials and application fee postmarked by the priority deadline (April 15 to start in September; Oct. 1 to start in January). The application deadline has been extended to October 15 (postmarked)
- Have your official transcripts mailed directly from all colleges you have ever attended to the address on the application. Do this now. It can take a while.
- If you are a former UMass Amherst student, the process for applying will be a little bit different for you. Read this.
- If you have international transcripts and/or English was not your first spoken language, review the International Applicant's Guide for specialized information and instructions to help you.
- Learn about and apply early for financial aid.
the early bird gets the worm.
Priority for admission will be given to applicants who have met the priority application deadline. Applications will continue to be accepted until October 15 if space is available.
the next step.
Sometime after your completed application form has been received and uploaded into our system, we will start sending you weekly emails updating you on the status of your application. Your application will be reviewed for admission as space allows once all of your materials have been received. You will be notified of a decision by mail within 4-6 weeks after your application is reviewed.