your past credit counts.
UMass Amherst has a generous 75 transfer credit policy, allowing up to 75 transfer credits from:
- other colleges and universities no matter how long ago you took your courses
- professional and military trainings and certifications directly related to what you're studying
- exams (CLEP, DANTES, AP and SAT ll exams)
- credit evaluations (ACE and UExcel)
- credit for basic training
transfer credits. finish your degree.
After you submit your application materials, the UMass Office of Undergraduate Admissions will review your transcripts and use its generous criteria to decide how many of your courses will be accepted as transfer credits. The university's Transfer of Credit page will give you a general idea of what courses are accepted by UMass Amherst. The Quick Tips on Identifying Transferrable General Education Courses will give you a good sense of the types of courses that will not only transfer in, but are also likely to fulfill general education requirements. And here's a list of CLEP/DANTES exams accepted by UMass Amherst.