Cite Environmental Benefits
Make your inventory data relevant to the public
- 25 degree lower hard surface temperature under tree shade versus full sun.
- $242 savings per home per year in cooling costs.
- One acre of trees transpires 1600 gal. of water and provides enough oxygen for 18 people on a sunny summer day.
- A half-acre urban park can remove daily 48 lbs. of particulates, 9 lbs. of nitrogen dioxide, 6 lbs. of sulfur dioxide, and 1/2 lbs. of carbon monoxide.
- A community forest can store 2.6 tons of carbon per acre per year