Seals, Logos and Marks
UMass Amherst designated graphic elements, colors, and typefaces should be used consistently in all presentations.
About UMass Amherst marks. They:
- Are the exclusive property of the University of Massachusetts Amherst, with use protected by law.
- Must be reproduced from official artwork.
- Must be clearly legible at all times.
- Cannot be altered or redrawn in any way.
- Are designed to be used as one unit, and the letterforms must never be separated from the accompanying marks.
Official artwork is available for download in various formats below. These files can be proportionally scaled, within the above guidelines, in programs like Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.
The UMass Amherst wordmarks are used for materials related to the campus's academic mission.
Among the wordmarks presented below, the top two are preferred. Please note that in a change from previous policies, the UMass Amherst seal by itself should not be used as an identifying element.
(zipped .tif, .jpg, and .eps files)
The Minuteman, UMass Athletic Letters and other informal Spirit Marks are used to communicate school spirit, particularly in conjunction with UMass Athletics. These marks are not appropriate for academic materials.
The University of Massachusetts Athletic Department is the owner of all rights, title, and interest in and to the logos and marks. For use of any of the marks, please contact the External Relations department within Athletics at 413-545-4930 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reproduction of logos is strictly prohibited.
Athletics Logos and Marks (for reference)