Shift Coverage Policy
How do I get a shift covered?
Each area has an e-mail list of all the Monitor employees in a given area. Use your area’s mailing list to email your coworkers. The title of your email should be the day you would like off and the body of the email should contain a brief request for that day off. Offering to swap shifts increases your chances of someone covering for you.
If someone emails you back offering to take your shift, you must email them back confirmation:
- When people are looking to pick up shifts, sometimes they will make an offer to multiple people and take the shift of the first person to email back confirmation
- You cannot assume from the initial offer that you are all set
- Make sure your emails are clear, because should there be a misunderstanding and you end up appealing a warning with the Warning Council, emails are important documentation
- Once you both reach an understanding, you both need to call the shift swap in
How do I notify the department of a shift swap?
Complete the online Shift Swap Form. This is recommended.
Or you may notify us by phone at (413) 545-2881 before 6PM. Leave a message (speak clearly) that contains:
- Your name – spelled out slowly so the Dispatcher can understand you
- Who you are switching with – spell their name out slowly
- What buildings the switch will affect
- The date(s) in which the switch is taking place
If absolutely necessary, you can make a last minute shift swap before 8PM by calling the Dispatcher business line (413) 545-2123.
What do I do if I cannot get a shift covered?
If you cannot get a shift covered, make every effort to attend your shift yourself. However, we understand that sometimes things come up. If you cannot get someone to cover your shift, and you will not be attending your shift, you must call out. Not only is it responsible, but it is considerate to your coworkers.
To call out:
Call (413) 545-2881 before 8PM ON the day you will be unable to attend your shift. Leave a message stating:
- Your name (spelled out slowly)
- Where you were scheduled to work that evening
- You are not required to include the reason why you are unable to work, but sometimes providing an explanation can help you if you plan to appeal the warning with the Warning Council
It is very important to call out of your shifts when you know you cannot attend.
Scheduling Coordinators for Fall 2016
- Area Supervisors: Your coordinator is Brandon Iles - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cadets: Your coordinator is Robert Keith - email@example.com
|Southwest North Coordinator||
|Southwest South Coordinator||
|Sunset Avenue Coordinator||
|Orchard Hill/Central Coordinator||
|Lower Central Coordinator||
|Head Coordinator||Brandon Ilesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Honors College Coordinator||
|Administrative Cadet||Robert Keithemail@example.com|