If this is an Emergency please call 911. To report any crime which occurred within the last 30 minutes, call (413) 545-2121.
Please read and consider the statements below to determine if online reporting is right for you. If it is, the system will allow you to immediately file a report for an officer to review. It will also allow you to print a copy of the report at no cost.
Please confirm the following to find out if online filing is right for you:
- This is NOT an emergency requiring immediate police response.
- This crime occurred on the UMass Amherst Campus.
- You do not know who committed this crime.
- You were not physically assaulted.
If the above statements are all TRUE, you are ready to file your report online. If any of the above statements are FALSE, you cannot use this system for online report filing.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See a message stating that “Your report has been submitted”. This indicates that your report is complete.
- Be provided with a temporary case number. A temporary printable report will be emailed to the address you provided.
- Following officer review of your report any of the following may occur:
- An approved, permanent report will be emailed to you at the address provided.
- You may be contacted by an officer if your report warrants further investigation.
- You will receive an email detailing the reason(s) that your report was rejected.
- Review time will vary based upon case load and officer availability. Please allow 24-48 hours for processing.
FILING A FALSE POLICE REPORT IS A CRIME AND WILL BE PROSECUTED.
Incident Type Reporting Guidelines
If you are a victim of harassing calls, and you don't know the person who is calling, file a report online. If you do know the person, call UMPD at (413) 545-2121. After completing your report, contact your phone service provider with the report number you receive at the end of your online report. Follow your phone service provider's instructions. Keep track of when calls occur and the number they are from, if you have caller ID.
Hit and Run
Report Hit and Run incidents using online incident reporting if these statements are true:
- No suspect information is present.
- The incident occurred on campus.
- The incident did not occur in the last 10 minutes.
If the incident occurred in the last 10 minutes, or you are aware of the individual or have a license plate of the suspect's vehicle that caused damage to your vehicle, call UMPD emergency at (413) 545-3111 or 911 from campus landlines.
Examples of hit and run incidents include: Your car was parked unattended and an unknown driver or vehicle hit your car and didn't leave a note. Or a vehicle hit your car and then fled without stopping to exchange information or before you could get a license plate.
Theft $250 or Under
If your property - valued at less than $250 - was taken without your permission and does not include motor vehicle theft:
Property known to be stolen may be reported. Lost property is not a theft. Applicable reports would include items stolen from public spaces where no forced entry is required, unsecured lockers, classrooms or common areas such as residence hall lobbys, lounges or laundry rooms. If your residence hall room or vehicle were broken into, you cannot use the online reporting system, please call (413) 545-2121 to speak with an officer.
Theft over $250
If your property - valued at more than $250 - is taken without your permission and does not include motor vehicle theft, please call (413) 545-2121 to speak with an officer.