If you are the victim of identity theft or fraud, report it using Online Incident Reporting. In addition, keep all papers, receipts, cancelled checks, mail from companies, etc. related to this crime. We may contact you to get these items if needed. Keep copies for your records.
Groups To Contact
Get in touch with these groups if you are a victim of identity theft or fraud. You may need to provide the report number you receive at the end of the online incident report.
- Equifax http://www.equifax.com/ 1-800-525-6285
- Experian http://www.experian.com/ 1-888-397-3742
- Trans Union http://www.transunion.com/ 1-800-680-7289
- U.S. Federal Trade Commission http://www.ftc.gov/ 1-877-438-4338
- Registry of Motor Vehicles http://www.massdot.state.ma.us/rmv/ (617) 351-4500
Identify Theft Prevention Tips:
- Protect your social security number and only give it out when required by law.
- No bank, auction site or other business should send you an email asking you to enter credit card information, passwords, social security numbers or other personal information. Often these fake emails will contain links to pages that look real but are not. If you suspect you are being directed to a fake site please go to the actual home web site of the company and inform them of what has happened.
- Avoid mail theft by obtaining a locked mailbox and dropping off outgoing mail at the local post office or postal mailbox.
- Do not give out your personal information or credit card number over the phone unless you initiated the call.
- Shred credit card offers and bank statements before you throw them away if you do not plan on using them.
The IRS does not initiate contact with taxpayers by email, text messages or social media channels to request personal or financial information. This includes requests for PIN numbers, passwords or similar access information for credit cards, banks or other financial accounts.
If you receive an email that you feel is fraudulent, do not open any attachments or respond in any way. Visit the following websites to find out what steps you can take: