Computers & Technology
Wherever you go—into classrooms, lecture halls, libraries, residence hall rooms or wireless—at UMass Amherst you'll have access to the latest technology, from laptop computers and specialized research tools to advanced media production equipment.
OIT provides computing and telecommunications services.
- Getting Started: With the Internet and email.
- OIT Accounts: Your key to computing services on campus.
- Academic Computing: Using technology in your instruction or research.
- Computer Classrooms: For faculty and using computer technology in their coursework.
- Assistive Technologies Center: For those with an ADA-defined disability.
- Telephones and Telecommunication Services
- SPIRE: Register for classes, see your grades, or check your personal school financial records.
- SPARK (previously known as WebCT): Course management for on-campus courses.
- UMass Online: Fully online courses offered through Continuing & Professional Education.
- OWL: Web-based homework system.
- UMail: Check your email from anywhere.
- UDrive: Store and share files.
Computer hardware, software and supplies are available through several campus offices and at the University Store.
- USave Cost-effective options for purchasing personal computers, available to students, faculty, and staff, through the University's purchasing program.
- OIT Free and low-cost software, including products by Microsoft, Adobe and other companies, offered through the Office of Information Technologies, and available to students, faculty, and staff.
- University Store Computers, software, and accessories in the on-campus store located in the Campus Center. Open to the public.
The technical staff in OIT's Hardware Support Department repairs Apple and Windows-based computers as well as printers.
Library, technology and other campus services in one spot at the W.E.B Du Bois Library.
Video services, AV support, and consulting.