Nominate a Spotlight Scholar
Showcase the work of UMass Amherst faculty by nominating a Spotlight Scholar. Selected scholars will receive a cash award and be prominently featured in campus publications.
Anyone can nominate a scholar.
All full-time tenure- and non-tenure system UMass Amherst faculty members are eligible to be nominated. Self-nominations are also accepted.
Scholars are faculty who have demonstrated academic quality and leadership. Accomplishments may include
- External grants, honors, or awards
- Innovations in teaching or research
- Collaborations with external partners
- Publication in a book or prestigious journal
- Appointment to a board
- A conference presentation, theatrical production or show of creative work
- Other activity that demonstrates quality and leadership in research, scholarship, or creative activity
Submit your question or comment with this form. Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).