The page footer shows site ownership, both as part of UMass Amherst and within the specific department or group with the university. All UMass Amherst Web sites should have a two-line footer at the bottom of each page. All pages should include the UMass Amherst footer.
You may choose use either the left-aligned, right-aligned, or centered at the bottom of each page.
This is an example of a page with a left-aligned footer:
This is an example of a page with a centered footer:
Required guidelines for footers:
- The footer can be in any typeface and color within the UMass recommendations for color and for typography.
- "University of Massachusetts Amherst" should link to http://umass.edu/.
- "Site Policies" should link to http://umass.edu/umhome/policies/.
- The sentence "This site is maintained by ..." should be completed by filling in the name of the group responsible for the content and maintenance of the page. This link should point to a 'contact us' web page for the site or to an email address of a person responsible for site maintenance. As shown in the examples above, you may use the phrase "This site" or "This page."
- Note that in a change from previous policies, the UMass Amherst seal is no longer part of the footer.