Crazy Good Food
The food is so good at UMass Amherst, we could say 'eat your heart out' to every other college in America... but we'll try to mind our manners. How good is the food? You don't need us to tell you when students and industry experts have plenty to say on the subject.
What Others Are Saying
- UMass Amherst Dining Services is ranked 7th out of the 52 Best Colleges for Food in America compiled by The Daily Meal.
The website devoted to food and dining says, "If you're a food-loving student and you don't go to one of these schools, you might want to transfer."
September 14, 2012
- UMass Amherst Smashes Another Guinness World Record With 6,656-pound Seafood Stew on Labor Day
Chefs at the University of Massachusetts Amherst have again set a new Guinness World Record, this time by cooking a 6,656-pound seafood stew at a Labor Day barbecue that celebrated the return of students to the campus.
September 3, 2012
- Campus Ranks Third Nationally for Best Food, says Princeton Review
In its 2012 ranking of colleges, the Princeton Review named UMass Amherst third on its list of the twenty colleges and universities with the best campus food, based on a national survey of 122,000 students.
August 22, 2012
- Permaculture is a Hit as UMass Amherst Dining Services Takes Grand Prize for Sustainability
University of Massachusetts Amherst Dining Services and the campus permaculture project won the grand prize for sustainability and the top award for Outreach and Education at the national conference of the National Association of College & University Food Service
July 20, 2012
- UMass Amherst Dining Services is First U.S. Program Honored by Canadian College and University Food Service Association
UMass Amherst Dining Services became the first U.S. food service operation ever to receive a Shine Award from the Canadian College and University Food Service Association.
July 11, 2012
- Dining Services Team Captures Gold in Culinary Competition
For a second straight year, a team of chefs from Dining Services won a gold medal in the annual Tastes of the World Chef Culinary Conference’s team competition.
June 21, 2012
- UMass Amherst Dining Services Wins National Award for 'Baby Berk' Food Truck
Baby Berk, the mobile eatery operated by Dining Services at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, has won top honors in the 2012 Loyal E. Horton Awards given by the National Association of College and University Food Services.
June 20, 2012
- UMass Dining Gets the Goldie
UMass received the "Honoring the Guest" award in 2011 for "putting students first and committing to service excellence." The Goldies are sponsored by FoodService Director magazines and the Culinary Institute of America.
March 8, 2011
What UMass Amherst Students Are Saying
- "The Best Thing I've Ever Eaten"
UMass students cheer their award-winning dining services.