Click here for the Financial Aid Services home pageSchool Code
'Dollars from Cents' © Mark Aplet. Image from

Questions? We're here to help.

Undergraduate Aid
(413) 545-0801
Graduate Aid
(413) 545-0801

IRS Tax Return Transcript Request

If your FASFA is selected for verification and you did not use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool or you changed income tax data on your FAFSA, you will be required to submit a IRS Tax ReturnTranscript to Financial Aid Services.

Please make sure you request a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS.

Personal copies of Federal Income tax returns, Tax Account Transcript or Record of Account cannot be accepted or used for financial aid verification purposes.

Below you will find instructions on how to obtain a copy of yours and or your parents (if a dependent student) IRS Tax Return Transcript:

To order online:

Go to

Click on Get Transcript of Your Tax Records located in the 'Tools' column
Click Get Transcript ONLINE or Get Transcript by MAIL
Follow the steps

To order by mail:

Complete IRS Form 4506-T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return). The mailing address is indicated on the form. Your Tax Return Transcript(s) will be mailed to you within 5 to 10 days from the IRS.

Remember to promptly submit these documents to Financial Aid Services.

To obtain a copy in person:

You may pick up your tax transcript in person. Go to to locate an office near you.

Official Seal of the University of Massachusetts Amherst