Click here for the Financial Aid Services home pageSchool Code
'Dollars from Cents' © Mark Aplet. Image from
Financial Aid Basics
Types of Aid
Applying for Aid
Receiving Aid
Frequently Asked Questions about Financial Aid
Summer Financial Aid
Forms and Publications
Students can find jobs here!
Helpful Links and Resources
Contact information and staff listing

Questions? We're here to help.

Undergraduate Aid
(413) 545-0801
Graduate Aid
(413) 545-0801

International Students and Eligible Non-Citizens

Is financial aid available to international students?

Financial aid is available to eligible non-citizens. Generally you are an eligible non-citizen if you meet any of the following criteria:

  • U.S. permanent resident with an Alien Registration card (I-551)
  • Conditional permanent resident (I -551C)
  • Other eligible non-citizen with an Arrival—Departure Record (I-94) from the Department of Homeland Security showing any one of the following designations: “Refugee,” “Asylum Granted,” “Parole” (I-94 confirms paroled for a minimum of one year and status has not expired), or “Cuban—Haitian Entrant”

If you are in the U.S. on an F1 or F2 student visa, a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa, or a G series visa you are not eligible for federal student aid. If you are an international student who does not meet the eligibility requirements, there are a number of Web sites that you can search for scholarship opportunities., a Web site created by provides extensive information that will help international students understand what aid may be available. Start with their section on Financial Aid.

Please contact the International Programs Office (413-545-2710) or visit for more information.