Talking with a doctor or nurse about your most personal health questions and concerns can sometimes feel uncomfortable or embarrassing, but it's important. Routine care, and treatment if problems happen, are essential to your health and wellness, now and throughout your life.
The Women's Health Clinic is a private, comfortable and supportive environment, providing quality, respectful and confidential gynecological and reproductive health services.
UHS has been leading the way in women's healthcare since 1971. We honor the diversity of all women and their beliefs, experiences, cultural understandings, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Hours and appointments
Open Monday – Thursday, 1 – 5 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Closed noon – 1 p.m. daily.
Summer and intersession:
Please call for current hours. Call (413) 577-6511 for an appointment.
The Women’s Health Clinic provides:
• A warm, welcoming, affirming environment for all
• A female staff of women’s health experts
• A convenient campus location
• Comprehensive, confidential care, including:
• Routine exams, including Pap tests, with follow-up and testing of abnormal results;
• Evaluation and treatment for concerns like painful or irregular periods, PMS and infections;
• Birth control education and care, including pills, IUDs, contraceptive implants and emergency contraception;
• Pregnancy testing and counseling. Referral to pregnancy-related services, including prenatal care, ultrasounds and infertility care;
• And more!
Learn about your health
Our providers recommend several online health resources; check them out under the women's health and sexual health categories.
About sexual assault
The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) program
Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact that takes place without consent; it’s a crime of violence and control that can happen to anyone.
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health's SANE program specially trains nurses and doctors to provide quality care and forensic evidence collection to sexual assault survivors. UHS is a designated SANE site, providing confidential, compassionate services for female, male and transgender survivors.
Call UHS, (413) 577-5000, as soon as possible after an assault and before showering. More about SANE...