University Health Services header
Using UHS
Health & Wellness
Insurance & Billing
Center for Alcohol and other Drug Abuse Prevention (CADAP)
About You
About Us

Questions? We're here to help.

Call (413) 577-5000


Collegiate Recovery Communities

College alcohol and other drug use is a serious problem that affects virtually every aspect of campus life. Classes, residence halls and off-campus living, work, school events and informal socializing all can be overwhelming to people in recovery and those struggling with addictions.

Collegiate Recovery Communities (CRCs) provide a nurturing, affirming environment within the university setting, helping people achieve their academic, personal and professional goals.

In a CRC, all members of the community in recovery are supported and valued, reducing stigma associated with addiction and recovery, and increasing support systems to create a recovery-friendly campus.

Based in the Center for Health Promotion at University Health Services, UMass Amherst's CRC offers:

  • Creative outlets for growth, change and healing;
  • Complementary health services;
  • Career planning assistance;
  • and more!

Find out more...

Call Diane at the UMass Amherst CRC, (413) 577-5188.