Welcome new Students, Employees, and NENS!
UCard Photo Upload Overview:
Online photo submission is available to Students, Employees, and qualified NENS (Non-Employees/Non-Students) who are getting their first UCard and do not have a photo in the UCard System.
Customers looking to replace their current UCard photos, or those needing to take badge photos, must come to the UCard Office to do this. [NOTE: Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the UCard Office is temporarily unable to take photos at the office.]
Information for incoming Fall 2020 students:
All incoming students for the fall 2020 semester should submit their photos online by August 7, 2020. Students who do not complete the process by this deadline will face significant delays when they arrive on campus in the fall. Students should not wait until the deadline, but should submit their photos as soon as possible in order to allow themselves enough time to resubmit their photos if their first submissions are rejected for any reason.
Before uploading your UCard photo....
- You need to be a matriculated student, an employee paid by the University, or a qualified non-emloyee/non-student.
- You need to know your UMass campus NetID and password. This is the same username and password that you use to log into SPIRE and you UMass email.
- You need a digital photo of yourself that meets our UCard Photo Requirements.
- You need a digital photo of your government issued id (driver's license, passport, or other official state/federal issued id card.)
Important tips for submitting your photo online:
- Read and understand the UCard Photo Requirements before uploading your photo. This will minimize the chances of your photo being rejected.
Photo's must be on a solid white background. Photos taken in front of a white door with panels or white block wall with lines will likely be rejected.
- Our photo upload application, MyPhoto, allows you to rotate and crop the photo after you upload it.
- Check you UMass email account to ensure that your photo was received and that it was approved or rejected. When you submit your photo you should receive an email (to your UMass email address) confirming that we received your submission. If your photo is accepted, you will receive an email notifying you of this. If you receive this message, you are all set. If your photo is rejected, you will receive an email with the reason(s) why your photo was rejected.
How the approval process works:
- If your photo meets the UCard Photo Requirements the UCard Office will approve your photo and print out your UCard. You will receive an email (at your “@umass.edu” email address) from the UCard Office notifying you that your photo was approved. Once your photo has been accepted, you cannot submit another photo.
- If your uploaded photo does not meet the UCard Photo Requirements, it will be rejected. You will receive an email (at your “@umass.edu” email address) from the UCard Office notifying you that your photo was rejected, and an explanation of why it was rejected. You are allowed three attempts at online photo submission. If your third attempt is also rejected, you will need to come to the UCard Office in person to have your photo taken.
- If you do not receive either an approved or rejeced email from the UCard Office within a week after submitting your photo, you should contact the UCard Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where you pick up your UCard:
- Students living on campus willl pick up their UCards at the residence halls during move-in, when they pick up their keys. Students must bring some other form of current photo identification with them to receive their UCards.
- Students living off campus will pick up their UCards at the UCard Office.
- Employees and NENS will pick up their UCards at the UCard Office.
MOUNT IDA CAMPUS
- Students living on campus - TBD
- Students living off campus - TBD
- Employees and NENS - TBD
[NOTE: Due to the current COVID-19 situation, UCard Office staff members are currently working from home. If your photo has been approved, but you need to receive your UCard now, please contact the UCard Office at email@example.com about setting up an appointment to pick up your card.]
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns about the photo upload process, or the UCard Program in general, please contact the UCard Office at:
Submit your photo!
Complete the step-by-step instructions on the MyPhoto site.