APPLY ONLINE to join the team that moves UMass!
Do you love driving? UMass Transit Services is looking for more students to become bus operators. UMTS is a student-run organization that is responsible for keeping UMass Amherst running smoothly every day. With our fully-paid training program, we’re a group unlike any other on campus!
Why should you work here?
- Drivers start at $10.25 per hour! ($9 during training)
- Drivers earn $0.25/hour raise every semester
- You can make your own schedule during the semester
- We pay for your training, CDL permit AND license
- You get to drive a 40ft, 14 ton vehicle
- There is room to grow - we offer positions that prepare you for a career outside of school
What Opportunities for Advancement Are There?
All UMass Transit employees start out as drivers, but there are many promotional positions available to student employees. For instance, you can become a field trip driver, a trainer, a radio operator, a driver supervisor, or a student staff member. These are supervisory positions, and they can help you gain valuable experience that future employers will be looking for. This also allows for a very diverse work-week, and creates more money-making opportunities.
If you want a job unlike any other on campus, Apply Online and become part of something extraordinary!