APPLY ONLINE to join the team that moves UMass!
Do you love driving? UMass Transit Services is looking for more students to become bus operators!
UMTS is a student-run organization that is responsible for keeping UMass Amherst running smoothly every day. With our fully-paid training program, great work environment, and flexible work schedules, we are unlike any other job on campus!
Why should you work here?
- Drivers start at $13.25 per hour! ($12.00/hr during training)
- Drivers earn $0.25/hour raise every semester
- Flexible work schedules
- We pay for your CDL permit, training, and license
- You get to drive a 60 foot long, 32 ton, 1.2 million dollar bus with 3 axles, 10 wheels, and 120 passengers!
- There is room to grow - we offer positions that prepare you for a career after UMass
Opportunities for Advancement
All UMass Transit employees start out as drivers, but there are many promotional positions available to student employees. For instance, you can become a field trip driver, a trainer, a radio operator, a driver supervisor, or a student staff member. These are supervisory positions, and they can help you gain valuable experience that future employers will be looking for. This also allows for a very diverse work-week, and creates more money-making opportunities.
If you want a job unlike any other on campus, Apply Online and become part of something extraordinary!