Are you a UMass student? Do you love driving? APPLY ONLINE to join the team that moves UMass!
UMass Transit Services is currently looking for more students to become bus operators.
UMTS is the transit organization that is responsible for keeping UMass Amherst running smoothly every day. With our fully-paid training program, great work environment, and flexible work schedules, we are unlike any other job on campus!
All applicants MUST be currently enrolled with the University with a minimum of six (6) class credits per semester.
Why should you work here?
- Drivers start at $13.25 per hour! ($12.00/hr during training)
- Drivers earn $0.25/hour raise every semester
- Flexible work schedules
- We pay for your CDL permit, training, and license
- You get to drive a 60 foot long, 32 ton, 1.2 million dollar bus with 3 axles, 10 wheels, and 120 passengers!
- There is room to grow - we offer positions that prepare you for a career after UMass
Opportunities for Advancement
All UMass Transit employees are UMass students and start out as drivers, but there are many promotional positions available to student employees. For instance, you can become a field trip driver, a trainer, a radio operator, a driver supervisor, or a student staff member. These are supervisory positions, and they can help you gain valuable experience that future employers will be looking for. This also allows for a very diverse work-week, and creates more money-making opportunities.
If you want a job unlike any other on campus, Apply Online and become part of something extraordinary!