Join us in being tobacco-free!
On July 1, 2013, UMass Amherst adopted a tobacco-free policy to encourage and support a healthier environment among all members of the campus community. The Amherst campus joins over 1,500 colleges and universities nationwide in being a smoke- or tobacco-free campus.
What this means
The use of any tobacco product including cigarettes, smokeless tobacco and e-cigarette/vapes are prohibited indoors and outdoors on the UMass Amherst campus grounds. This policy applies to all individuals on campus including students, staff, faculty, visitors, and contractors. This policy applies to all university property, land, and buildings including:
- Residential housing
- Parking lots
- Athletic fields
- Vehicles on university grounds
Tobacco-Free UMass is committed to:
- Supporting the UMass Amherst tobacco-free campus initiative
- Promoting an environment free of tobacco influence
- Preventing tobacco initiation and use
- Providing aid to all campus community members in cessation
- Promoting voluntary compliance on campus