The UMass Amherst Title IX Coordination Team is comprised of the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, the Center for Women and Community, Department of Athletics, the Dean of Students Office, Center for Counseling and Psychological Health, Residential Life, International Programs, Center for Student Development and the UMass Amherst Police Department. The team meets weekly to look at specific incidents of sexual or relationship violence and to assure that resources and responses are holistically coordinated across the University. Additionally, the Coordination Team ensures that Title IX education and training is provided on campus.
For any questions or to report a Title IX matter, contact the Title IX Coordination Team at (413) 545-3464 or email@example.com.
Members of the UMass Amherst Title IX Team
- Débora D. Ferreira, Equal Opportunity and Diversity (EO&D)
- In her role as Title IX Coordinator, Débora is responsible for overseeing the investigation of Title IX related complaints, including sexual harassment, sexual assault, relationship violence and stalking, and for conducting or providing training for investigators and employees on their responsibilities under Title IX. As the Title IX Coordinator, she chairs the Title IX Team, which coordinates responses to Title IX incidents. She is also the Title VI, Section 504, Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, and Chief Diversity Office for the campus.
Deputy Title IX Coordinators:
- Kelly A. Burgess, Equal Opportunity and Diversity (EO&D)
- Michael Eagen, Vice Provost for Academic Personnel
- Patricia Cardoso-Erase, Dean of Students Office
- Jean Ahlstrand MacKimmie and William Elum, Residence Education
- Jeff Smith, Athletic Department
- Michael Wiseman, Student Activities and Involvement
- Kalpen Trivedi, International Programs Office
- Jessi Bond, Center for Counseling and Psychological Health (CCPH) - *CONFIDENTIAL
- Becky Lockwood, Center for Women and Community (CWC) – *CONFIDENTIAL
- Dr. George Corey, University Health Services (UHS) – *CONFIDENTIAL
- Lieutenant Brian Henault, University of Massachusetts Police Department (UMPD) – *CONFIDENTIAL
*Please note that staff listed as confidential will not share any information unless they’ve receive permission from the person.