- Undergraduate Admissions
- Graduate School Admissions
- Fine Arts Center Box Office
- UMass Theater General Handbook
- UMass Theater Graduate Handbook
- UMass Theater Major Requirements Checklist
- UMass Theater Minor Checklist
- UMass Theater Dramaturgy Requirements Checklist
- UMass Theater's Flickr account
- UMass Theater's Youtube account
We believe no student should come out of an MFA program in debt. Therefore, all graduate students admitted into our program are given assistantships that provide full tuition waivers and paid stipends. The bulk of the assistantships involve undergraduate teaching, but some are in production support and administration. These assistantships require service amounting to 20 hours per week during the academic year.
Assistantships are usually renewed for a student’s three years, provided that the student remains in good academic standing, is making satisfactory progress toward the degree, and has carried out the duties of the assistantship at a high professional level.
In 2017-2018, each UMass graduate assistantship stipend is slated at approximately $19,200 for September-May duties. It is anticipated to rise slightly in future years. In addition, each student is given a full waiver of tuition.