Grants and Awards
- Please forward copies of grant and award letters to Joanne and Willow.
- Each award may have unique spending guidelines. Please meet with Joanne or Willow upon notification of award.
- Please submit receipts to Joanne, track expenses against total award and reconcile the grant prior to its deadline.
- Final reports and budgets are usually required by a specific deadline. It is the awardees responsibility to send these final documents on time. For questions about the final report and budget, please contact Willow.
Faculty and Staff Grant Research Tools
Below is a link to a grants database created for the Faculty and Staff of the University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Theater including funding opportunities for arts related projects offered both internal University resources and external sources.
- Tips for using the database:
- Use the search and filter options to narrow down your selection by clicking on Filter tab option on the far left of the table and selecting the relevant criteria.
- Multiple filters can be applied at once to narrow down the results.
- The search function can be used to identify keywords.
- Customize your preferred view of the search results by selecting either the “Rows” or “Cards” tab at the top of the table.
Applying for Grants — Step by Step
Before applying for a Grant please review the following instructions:
Additional Grants Resources
If you were not able to find what you were looking for in the above database, below are links to some additional resources you can use to continue your search:
- UMass Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR)
- Assists with identifying external funding sources
- For large grants (over $25,000-50,000) also assists with developing and editing the narrative proposal.
- Before contacting CFR, make sure you have approval from the Department Chair.
- National Endowment for the Humanities grants
- PEN America (Translation) grants
- On The Move (Travel Funding) Directory
- Fundsnet Services Arts & Culture Grants