EventsBack to calendar
Auditions: Play Lab
Director/Dramaturg Teams: Gabriel Harrell and Gaven Trinidad & Kim Euell and Judyie Al-Bilali
Snowflakes by Dustin Chinn
Unconditional by Tatiana Rodriguez
Attrition by Nicholas Cummings
Oct. 4, 6-10:30pm
Oct. 6, 6:30-10:30pm
in the Curtain Theater, Fine Arts Center, UMass
The UMass Theater Play Lab offers actors an opportunity to be part of the first group of artists to shape the characters and arc of a brand new play. We are seeking a diverse group of actors to embody these new characters in three different plays
- Sign up for an audition slot at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080b4aa5a92aabfe3-playlab
- Auditions for PLAYLAB will be held in the Curtain Theater. Please check in with the stage management staff in the Purple Lobby when you arrive for your audition.
Please sign up for a Half - Hour audition session. You will audition with a group of up to eight performers per thirty minute slot.
- If you wish to familiarize yourself with the plays prior to auditioning, a link to the scripts is on the sign-up page.
- Please have a short, contemporary monologue available. During auditions you may be asked to do some cold readings from the plays.
- Please come dressed to move comfortably.
- Please BE READY TO BEGIN YOUR AUDITION PROMPTLY at your chosen audition time (Plan to arrive 15 minutes early for your audition to allow check-in and warm-up time.)
- CALLBACKS: Callbacks will also be posted on the UMass Department of Theater blog page: http://umassauditions.blogspot.com/
Information about Play Lab:
UMass New Play Lab is a crucible for new work. A professional playwright and two UMass student playwrights will be given the opportunity this fall for workshop productions of their newest plays — works that represent fresh voices, big ideas, and envelope-pushing modes of storytelling. Being in the rehearsal room as directors and actors transform a script to action and words, and experiencing audience reactions for the first time helps our playwrights hone their ideas into new, sharper plays. Play Lab projects have continued on to further development in regional and New York theaters. Take part in this grand experiment!
The Department of Theater is committed to racial, cultural and individual diversity. Casting for all department-sponsored productions is open to any student, staff, or faculty member of the Five College Consortium, any member of the community, or any invited guest artist regardless of race, ethnic origin, abilty, sexual orientation or gender identification.
Equal-opportunity casting is encouraged.