Stipend: 3 Credits
The Sustainable UMass team is in the midst of several exciting projects and constantly working to expand and improve its efforts. However, little of this work receives adequate publicity; the result being a lack of knowledge about such efforts both on and off campus. This fellow will be hired with the sole purpose of creating marketing and media materials to raise awareness about campus sustainability initiatives, programs, and events.
- Create Marketing Materials: Collaborate with Campus Sustainability Initiative fellows and Managers to create unique, appealing and effective materials (flyers, video, etc.) to educate, advertise and/or educate the campus community.
- Publishing and Event Coverage: This fellow will have the opportunity to write promotional or editorial pieces for the Daily Collegian. They will also be responsible for making sure writers for the collegian cover sustainability events on campus.
- Communications Subcommittee: This fellow will attend the Chancellor’s Sustainability Communications subcommittee meetings in order to accomplish tasks in the most efficient manner.
- Prior design/marketing experience (please include at least two samples of your past work)
- Experience working in InDesign and Photoshop is strong encouraged, but not required
- Strong writing skills and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of effective communication techniques for large constituencies
- Confidence in working under pressure with short timelines
- Passionate about sustainability
Student Sustainability Coordinator