What you need to know to apply to UMass Amherst Summer College
Note: If you are ready to fill out your application, click here now.
We accept applications from rising juniors and seniors in high school who are in good academic standing and have no academic or disciplinary suspensions on their records. High school seniors who will graduate in the spring of 2014 are also welcome. A few programs may consider rising high school sophomores provided they are sufficiently mature to benefit from a University environment. Please check the course descriptions carefully for eligibility requirements. (Rising high school seniors are students who will have completed their junior year by June of 2014. Rising high school juniors will have completed their sophomore year by June 2014.)
Admissions are made on a rolling basis, but it is best to apply early since programs fill up quickly.
For information on applying for a scholarship, see our Scholarships page.
TO APPLY STUDENTS MUST:
- Create a user account.
- Complete the online application form by providing all required information on the Summer College online form and attaching the required documents in PDF format.
- Require information includes:
- A written statement of interest.
- An unofficial high school transcript (PDF) including grades from fall 2013.
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher who can speak to your skills, abilities, maturity level and academic accomplishments that make you a suitable candidate for the program you have applied to.
- Submitting a $35 non-refundable application fee.
- International students will be asked to provide additional information including information regarding citizenship and residency as well as TOEFL scores.
If you are ready to begin filling out your application, CLICK HERE.